How to Spot a Quality Massage and Spa Service
Touch is an effective healer. It can help reduce stress and can provide comfort. One of the best ways to receive a relieving touch is through massage and spa treatments.
Spa treatments are one of the best relaxing activities that you can ever give to yourself especially after a long day’s work. Spa can make you feel good and contribute to your health wellness. Massage and spa provide lots of health benefits such as it can detoxify your damaged skin, it can relieve your back aches or joint pains and it can enhance your immune system.
If you will notice, more and more people are becoming spa enthusiasts. It is becoming a routine for most people as their way of relaxing and rejuvenating their mind and body energies. But the challenge now is, how do you spot quality massage and spa services?
Here’s a guide that you should look for when searching for an ultimate spa center:
- The spa provider must have a comfortable place that can provide support to the body.
- The spa center should provide enough blankets that you can use. For instance, there are big blankets for you to dry your hair after shower and separate towels to cover areas of your body that are not being massaged.
- The mood in the spa center must be relaxing and soothing. The massage and spa center must play soothing and calming music that helps create the mood. The lighting must be low and doesn’t use bulbs that are too bright. The overall environment must be peaceful and you will experience the real pleasure of the spa treatments.
- The room must be sound proof. Once the massage and spa treatments are on going, you should not hear the conversation from the other room to prevent you from distractions.
- Proper cleanliness and sanitation must be observed in the entire spa center. Check whether they provide individual blankets and robe. All linen materials are washed every use.
- You should see high quality and modern facilities in the spa center such as sauna rooms, steam rooms, whirlpool tubs with different scents or hydrotherapy tub. This shows that the center is investing on their equipment to provide quality services to their guests.
- The massage and spa establishment must give you options on what type of essential oils you would like to use during your session.
- Ask the spa center if their therapists are licensed. You better ask this to make sure you are in good hands.
- You have to take note that the massage therapist must not massage the back of your knees or spinal cord because this will lead to injury. If your abdominal area is being massaged, it should be very light. Observe the strokes of your therapist. It should be in upward direction to improve the circulation of your heart.
- The massage therapist is excellent if she use gentle kneading to problematic areas of your body.
- Your therapist must not lose contact to your body because it will break the synergy of the massage.
- Your therapist and staff of the spa center must be efficient in providing services. People in such center must always be ready to give their services with a smile. It is a relaxing place. You would not want to go in a massage and spa center that is operated with people who are not friendly. It is a place where you want to feel good that’s why people in that place must also help you feel good.
- There should be a complete list of massage and spa treatments that the store offers with a brief detailed explanation. It is important that the center describes each of their services.
To have a complete total experience with your spa treatments you should be prepare for your session. Do your part as well. Drink enough water before the session. Arrive early to have ample time to relax in the sauna, steam, whirlpool or meditating room. You should not take any food at least one hour before your session. Clear your mind and remove any errands that you need to accomplish after your massage and spa session. What you need to do is enjoy your session.
The best thing to do after receiving blissful massage and spa treatments, continue your relaxing day. Take a nap or just sit and read a book.